Papiyon advances youth leadership through arts and education to create stronger, healthier communities in Haiti.
Papiyon is committed to providing basic education and life skills to underprivileged children in Haiti. We believe that whether you are addressing healthcare, poverty, population control, unemployment or human rights, there's no better place to start than in the corridors of education.
PAPIYON provides educational expenses for students in the program, art instruction, tutoring, Music, Dance, workshops and more. PAPIYON is not a temporary response to an unconquerable problem – we are a dynamic solution. Rather than hand out a temporary fix, we focus on empowering our students with the tools to create their own reality and decide the course of their lives. Armed with autonomy, voice, and education, our students are shaping their own narratives.
What We've DO
- Creates a safe haven that is spiritual, relaxing and interactive.
- Provides educational enrichment through tutoring, games and learning activities.
- Educates participants on topics relating to spiritual and personal growth.
- Cultivates relationships through mentorship.
- Evaluates participants to provide customized attention to meet goals.
- Engage participants in a variety of after school activities, summer camps and retreats.
- Involves the family in the growth experience of each participant.
- Employs and attracts respected individuals in the community to educate, lead mentorships.
- Provides Scholarships to students in the programs.
- Provides tools to accomplish educational excellence.